Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Here at RadiumMedia.co.uk we use only top quality servers, switches, and routers. This translates into great reliability and uptime. As a result, within our own server farm and facilities that are under our own control and management, we guarantee that our network will be up and functioning 99.9% of the time . We also have a 99.9% Data Center systems guarantee.
To be eligible for this SLA, your account must be in good standing. All requests for credit or refunds should must fulfill these requirements:
– Request must be submitted using the support ticket system via your account dashboard here https://www.radiummedia.co.uk/whmcs/
– Request must be submitted within 7 days of the issue in question via the client platform https://www.radiummedia.co.uk/whmcs/
– Your request must include a ticket number to reference that shows the issue being reported and acknowledged.
Network & DataCenter Guarantee:
We guarantee that the network will be available 99.9% of the time in a given month (this does not include functionality of software/services on a server), excluding scheduled maintenance. Network uptime includes functioning of all network infrastructure including routers, switches and cabling, but does not include services, daemons, software running on your server, or hardware failure on a server. Network uptime means the network itself will be up and available. In situations where a client runs a cluster or redundant server they can take advantage of the 100% uptime guarantee by eliminating a single point of failure in their hardware
We are not responsible for outages or circumstances beyond our control that hinder access to your site or server. The following are excluded from the monthly calculation of Service Availability:
– Scheduled Maintenance: occasionally upgrades, updates, and hardware replacements are required. We will take every precaution to avoid downtime but it may not always be unavoidable. Downtime during scheduled maintenance is not covered and not refundable.
– Hardware Maintenance: server hardware is not related to the network. We maintain thousands of servers and at some point all hardware can and will fail. We will work quickly to restore the server and use our backups, if available, to restore service.
– Software Maintenance: while managing servers we must keep systems, OS, kernels, and other various software updated and current to avoid exploits and prolonged downtime or issues. At times this means rebooting systems and rarely unexpected problems arise that extend the maintenance window.
– Traffic conditions or outage on the Internet outside our network, issues from upstream providers, clients ISP, or local problems such as Browser or DNS caching.
– DDoS, Attacks, Exploits or hacked servers.
– Failure of individual services on a server while the network is up.
– Interruptions or failure of individual service caused by client, their employees, client’s customers, friends, or family to their service.
– Inaccurate installation or configuration of software by the client or non-staff, 3rd party software, client abuse or over utilisation of resources.
We guarantee that the critical systems, including power and HVAC, will be available 100% of the time in a given month, excluding scheduled maintenance and clients server power supply.
Critical systems includes functioning of all power and HVAC infrastructure including UPSs, PDUs and cabling, but does not include the power supplies on customers’ servers. NOC downtime exists when a particular server is shut down due to power or heat problems and we record such a failure in the support ticket system.
If network downtime occurs the customer will be credited 10x (1000%) of the downtime as recorded by the support ticket and confirmed problem to the resolution, up to 100% of the customer’s monthly fee. If the network is out for 1 hour, we will credit you 10 hours of downtime. In this instance we divide your monthly payment by days of the month, divided by 24hrs a day to find an hour rate. That amount will be credited to your account towards your next invoice.
Hardware Guarantee – (Dedicated Servers Only):
We guarantee the functioning of dedicated servers and their components. We will replace any failed component at no cost to the customer while the account is in good standing. Hardware replacement will begin once we identify the cause of the problem. Hardware replacement is guaranteed to be complete within 2 hours of problem identification. This guarantee of 2 hours does not include additional actions such as software installations, OS reinstalling, or other data or backup services. In the event that it takes us more than 2 hours to replace faulty hardware, we will refund the customer 10x (1000%) of the downtime up to their monthly fee for every 1hour of downtime (up to 100% of customer’s monthly fee). This means if we couldn’t replace the hardware for 4 hours for some odd reason, and then began the OS and software install which could take hours longer, we went 2hours past the hardware replacement time. We will credit you 2hours x 10, 20hours of service. We would not credit the time it takes to reinstall software as everyone’s system has unique requirements and this is a hardware SLA not a software SLA. In this instance we divide your monthly payment by days of the month, divided by 24hrs a day to find an hour rate. That amount will be credited to your account towards your next invoice.
Hardware is defined as the Processor(s), RAM, hard disk(s), motherboard, NIC card and other related hardware included under the server lease.
Occasionally servers and systems must be brought down for routine maintenance and upgrades to ensure that your site will perform optimally. However, we strive to keep such service interruptions to a minimum, and, when possible, give you advance notice of scheduled any maintenance. Scheduled service outages do not qualify for this guarantee!
Additionally, this guarantee is your remedy for any unscheduled downtime of more than limits outlined above. Downtime must be confirmed by a staff member in our support system. Maximum credit given will not exceed the amount of the charge for the customer service with us. The credit will be applied to your invoice on your next due date. Downtime is measured from the time the customer records such failure in the support ticket system and until a resolution is provided in that ticket.
We also guarantee that our network will be up for 99.9% of the time (excluding announced maintenance). If we fall below that, we will credit your account with the following:
- Between 99.5% and 99.9% uptime – 5% credit of your monthly bill
- Between 98% and 99.5% uptime – 10% credit of your monthly bill
- Between 95% and 98% uptime – 25% credit of your monthly bill
- Less than 95% uptime – 100% credit of your monthly bill
Simply put a ticket in to our billing department explaining your Service Level Agreement (SLA) claim and we will credit where appropriate.
To properly claim SLA credit that is due the owner of the account must open an SLA ticket located in our support area within seven days of the purported outage. You must include the service type, primary domain, contact information, and a full description of the service interruption including logs if applicable. The SLA claim will be researched by the billing department and credit will be issued accordingly. SLA credits are issued as service credits on the next billing cycle. Please allow up to fourteen (14) days for processing of the SLA claims.
|Less than 99%
More details on our Uptime guarantee
If your web site downtime is more than a cumulative of .72 hours per month, we will credit the amount of downtime over .72 hours to your next hosting fees. Downtime is referred to as our network equipment being down. We do not possess control over the Internet, therefore we cannot guarantee that you will be able to access your site due to circumstances beyond our control. We guarantee that our network will be up and functioning 99.99% of the time per month. We feel a safety net of .01% each month allows us time for repairs and unforeseen events that may arise.
In order for you to receive a credit on your account, you must request such credit within ten (10) days after you experienced the down time by sending an email to our billing department here. For security, the body of this email must contain your account number, the dates and times of the unavailability of your website, and any such other customer identification. Credits will usually be applied within thirty (30) days of your credit request. Credit to your account shall be your sole and exclusive remedy in the event of an outage.
Credits shall not be provided to you in the event that you have any outage resulting from:
- scheduled maintenance as posted from time to time at our customer service portal;
- your behavior or the performance or failure of your equipment, facilities or applications;
- circumstances beyond Radium Media’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of any governmental body, war, insurrection, sabotage, embargo, fire, flood, strike or other labor disturbance, interruption of or delay in transportation, unavailability of interruption or delay in telecommunications or third party services, including DNS propagation, domain name registration/transfer, failure of third party software or hardware or inability to obtain raw materials, supplies, or power used in or equipment needed for provision of your web site;
- a client breaking any item in Radium Media’s Acceptable Use Policy (Terms and Conditions) causing a machine to fail as a result
For Terms & Conditions of service click here.